CREATIVE BRAND STRATEGY - FINAL COMPILATION AND REFLECTION

CREATIVE BRAND STRATEGY - FINAL COMPILATION AND REFLECTION


24/08/21 - 16/11/21 (Week 1 - Week 13)
Chan Jing Wen (0340480)
Creative Brand Strategy
Final Compilation and Reflection



INSTRUCTIONS

Project 1





SUBMISSIONS

Project 1

Project 1A - Case Study

Figure 1.1 Case Study Final Submission (PDF)

Project 1B - Campaign Proposal

Figure 1.2 Campaign Proposal Final Submission (PDF)

Project 2A - Ideation & Project 2B - Design Direction

Figure 1.3 Ideation and Design Direction Final Submission (PDF)

Final Project - Campaign Branding

Instagram Handles


Final Presentation 

Figure 1.4 Final Presentation Slides (PDF)



REFLECTION

Experience :
I feel a bit conflicted about this module experience. Initially, I was quite anticipating this module because I really enjoyed event planning and creating strategies and designs for events. After knowing that the module would change to branding a person and creating a campaign based on the person, I felt quite disappointed. Though I get that branding is something that we should learn, I still felt like the campaign would have suited another course instead of ours. I felt like the campaign had a lot of issues and it's even sad how most of our influencers wanted to quit after knowing what they signed up for but staying because they know it's our assignment. It was very hard for us to balance between our assignment and taking care of what our influencers actually wanted. However, I'm still very grateful for Ms Lilian's support through the semester, my teammates' effort, as well as Hasya's contribution and sacrifice. They really helped push me through this module. 

Observation :
I notice that it's really important to take things slow when you are trying to grow an audience. If you post too much, it's too hard sales. Giving time to let your audience get used to you and accepting what they are seeing is important. Finding a balance between gaining exposure and not overexposing is something that we really need to take note of when dealing with an audience. I also notice that different courses definitely prepared us with different mindsets. This was one thing that I liked about the campaign and personally felt like I learnt from the most. Since the other universities had mass communication students, it was interesting to see the content they prepared and their approach. 

Findings :
I find that branding a person and branding a brand is very different. I initially thought that this module would be similar to brand corporate identity but it ended up being a whole new experience. Though I've handled social media accounts before, I've never actually experienced handling an account for an actual person. Even though I felt like the campaign wasn't that great, there definitely were things I could learn from through the experience.

Comments

Popular Posts